Assistant Controller - Kenda USA
We are seeking a hands-on Assistant Controller to join our team. The position is responsible for the day-to-day financial and accounting functions, as well as being involved in a variety of other aspects of the operation, i.e. inventory control, quotes, receivables, etc. Candidates should also be familiar with various manufacturing processes and lean initiatives to further contribute to the profitability of the division.
· Perform established financial and accounting functions per GAAP and Company policies & procedures.
· Prepare journal entries, monthly closing reports, and reconciliations.
· Prepare monthly financial statements.
· Review sub-ledger systems and reports for accuracy and completeness.
· Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
· Support purchasing to ensure the integrity of inventory transactions, including, cycle counts, valuation adjustments, and standard cost roll-ups.
· Perform banking functions, such as preparation of daily deposits, ACH payment processing, and bank reconciliation.
· Review monthly customer accounts receivable and collection status and reports to management as needed.
· Review daily sales batches for accurate pricing and gross margin, and update sales batches to sub-ledger.
· Review and resolve financial procedures, operations, and workflows among branch locations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory and update of data.
· Manage and coordinate year-end physical inventory processes, and be on-site during the counting process, as needed.
· Prepare annual budget for management approval
· Prepare Sales & Use tax, and Excise tax returns
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
· CPA designation is preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years as experience as a Controller, or combined relevant experience.
· Strong Microsoft Office experience.
· Previous experience with Sage Software is helpful.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life, Accident, Critical Care Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Employee purchase pricing on auto, power sport, and bicycle tires.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)