Associate Engineer / Senior Technician - Testing
The Kenda American Technology Center (KATC) is looking for a self-starting, organized, detail-minded individual for a Mechanical Engineering Technology position. There is a wide variety of test equipment at KATC and each machine requires a different level of attention. This position will involve working with machine operating technicians and managing the upkeep/maintenance of these test machines. Additionally, each machine has a set of associated documents that need written & maintained. These documents may include testing standards, work instructions, maintenance instructions and safety instructions.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess strong communication and problem-solving skills. In addition, excellent time management skills are needed to balance multiple tasks and deadlines. A comfort level with hand/power tools is a plus. Importantly, the position requires the ability to learn the skills needed for the primary duties of the position, as well as a willingness to provide support for any other testing-related activities that may arise.
- Communicate with external test labs to facilitate KATC testing needs.
- Oversee management and maintenance on test machines.
- Design tooling and fixtures for equipment using CAD packages (Inventor, Solid Edge, etc.)
- Write work instructions, tests standards, maintenance instructions and safety documents for assigned test machines
- Communicate with development engineers as needed to ensure accuracy of test data
- Work with other testing team members in collaborative environment
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or greater.
- 0-5 years of work experience.
- Skilled in the use of CAD packages.
- Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Must be teachable/trainable.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and relevant experience
- Benefits package including medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long-term disability insurances
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Employee purchase pricing on automotive, power sport, and bicycle tires
- Collaborative learning environment
- Relaxed office culture