About the Job:
Americana Tire & Wheel, a division of Kenda Tires, is seeking an experienced, hands-on Controller to join our management team. The position is responsible for overseeing and financial and accounting function for this division. In addition, will be involved in a variety other aspects of the operation, i.e. inventory control, quotes, receivables, etc. Candidates should also be familiar with various manufacturing processes and lean initiatives to further contribute to the profitability of the division.
- Manages established financial and accounting functions per GAAP and Company policies & procedures.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly closing reports, and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Monitor and review sub-ledger system and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Support purchasing to ensure integrity of inventory transactions, including, cycle counts, valuation adjustments, and standard cost roll-ups.
- Perform banking functions, such as preparation of daily deposits, ACH payment processing, and bank reconciliation.
- Oversee monthly customer accounts receivable and collection status and reports to management as needed.
- Review daily sales batches entered by branch locations for accurate pricing and gross margin, and update sales batches to sub-ledger.
- Review and resolve financial procedures, operations, and workflows among branch locations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete and coordinate organizational reports as required by Kenda Rubber Industrial and serve as accounting liaison.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory and update of data.
- Manage and coordinate year-end physical inventory process at ATW branch locations, and be on-site during the count process, as needed.
- Prepare annual budget for management approval
- Prepare Sales & Use tax, and Excise tax returns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA designation is required.
- Minimum of 5 years as experience as a Controller, or combined relevant experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience.
- Previous experience with Sage is helpful.
Kenda USA offers a full compensation package that includes, but is not limited to salary commissions, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, employer-paid long-term disability.