Global Product Manager
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving the direction of the global bicycle portfolio and monitoring trends that indicate the need for new products. This role is ultimately responsible for product line management, long-range planning, communicating the product direction to the sales team, completing market research, tracking sales trends, and coordinating with our factory, engineers, sales, and marketing teams across the globe. The position is a central hub for the bicycle division, between R&D, sales, operations, and other functional groups.
In this role, you will work with the team on making products for future seasons, deciding what products will bring profitability and innovation to the various markets. Your ability to maintain clean, accurate data across various systems will be crucial to success. Many teams depend on the information you will manage and will count on you for your ability to own this area of our business. You will be a key player in working across multiple teams to bring the product to market.
- Use market research to get ideas for products that customers will need and want
- Help oversee the design and planning of how to market and promote the product to the public and define product marketing communication objectives. Work closely with marketing and sales teams on the commercialization of products.
- Develop new products with a specific focus on product margin, spending, ROI objectives, and bottom-line profitability while still representing the value to the consumer.
- Conduct well-prepared, educational, interesting presentations for sales meetings, roadshows, and other events with internal and external customers. Support product line launches at line reviews
- Maintain a competitive analysis of all responsible categories to help educate others on the competitive landscape and support line direction and maintain a 3-year development plan.
- Be the hub of communication between R&D, Sales, and Marketing on all product line direction. Proactively communicate all pertinent information to each functional department so educated decisions are made.
- Determine product direction with an awareness of market trends. Must have a great sense of what trends to capitalize on as well as recognize opportunities to set new trends and identify adjacent product opportunities.
- Work with multiple teams to establish line plans, support line direction, and SKU rationalization.
- Create business cases for incremental product opportunities, SMUs, and cannibalization of existing products.
- Responsible for products in each tire category.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in bringing “product to market”.
- Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- Solid knowledge of finance, product margin, and managing profitability of a line.
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to plan and coordinate workflow.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and resiliency.
- Easily adapts to changing/evolving priorities and strategies with the ability to maintain a high level of flexibility.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative and effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to employ diplomacy and tact in all situations.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, and Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience required.
- Experience in developing and managing product marketing initiatives required. This role will place a heavy emphasis on driving concepts, team building, and excellent execution.
- Knowledge and passion for cycling.
- Working knowledge of marketing practices and principles desirable.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The position will include extensive travel to global locations.
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long term disability insurances
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Employee purchase pricing on auto, power sport, and bicycle tires
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)