Mechanical Engineer - Testing
The Kenda American Technology Center (KATC) is looking for a self-starting, organized, detail-minded individual for a Mechanical Engineering position. There is a wide variety of test equipment at KATC and each machine requires a different level of attention. This position will include working with machine operating technicians and managing the upkeep/maintenance of these test machines. Additionally, each machine has a set of associated documents that need written & maintained. These documents may include testing standards, work instructions, maintenance instructions and safety instructions. One of the more important responsibilities of the Test Engineer is to develop an intimate knowledge and understanding of the test data produced by assigned test machines, and the interpretation of that data in assessing tire performance.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess strong communication and problem-solving skills. In addition, excellent time management skills are needed to balance multiple tasks and deadlines. A comfort level with hand/power tools is a plus. Importantly, the position requires the ability to learn the skills needed for the primary duties of the position, as well as a willingness to provide support for any other testing-related activities that may arise.
- • Oversee management and maintenance on test machines
- • Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of test data produce by assigned test machines through regular analysis of test data and review of available literature resources
- • Assist Development Engineers in interpreting test data and the effect on tire performance
- • Develop new test equipment via new CAD designs and creation of test procedures as required
- • Write work instructions, tests standards, maintenance instructions and safety documents for assigned test machines
- • Communicate with development engineers as needed to ensure accuracy of test data
- • Work with other testing team members in collaborative environment
- • Bachelor of Science (or greater) in Mechanical Engineering.
- • 0-5 years of work experience
- • Understanding of data analysis techniques including data mining, statistical methods and graphical data representation
- • Skilled in the use of CAD packages (Inventor, Solid Edge, etc.)
- • Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- • Must be teachable/trainable.
- • Good communication skills.
- • Problem-solving skills.
- • Time and task management.
- • Competitive salary depending on qualifications and relevant experience
- • Benefits package including medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long-term disability insurances
- • 401K retirement program with employer match
- • Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- • Employee purchase pricing on automotive, power sport, and bicycle tires
- • Collaborative learning environment
- • Relaxed office culture
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)