Are you ready for a challenge? Do you enjoy solving technically challenging problems? Do you want your work to matter?
The Kenda American Technology Center (KATC) is looking for a self-starting, organized, detail-minded individual for a Mechanical Engineering position in the non-pneumatic (NPT) tire development group. Non-pneumatic tires are a rapidly growing field in mobility technology, and Kenda is expanding its offering in this field. As an NPT engineer, you will help to design and develop new sizes of NPT tires and investigate the use of NPT technology across all of Kenda’s product offerings. You will use technologies such as finite element analysis, digital twin mock-ups, and advanced manufacturing to design new NPT solutions to mobility.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess strong communication and problem-solving skills. In addition, excellent time management skills are needed to balance multiple tasks and deadlines. A candidate must be able to learn complex software and analytical skills while working with a diverse team across the globe.
- Help develop the next generation of non-pneumatic tire lines.
- Utilize computational tire models to predict tire performance characteristics.
- Create tire manufacturing specifications.
- Create mold drawings for tire molds.
- Write test requests to evaluate the performance of tires.
- Analyze and summarize test results to determine if tire performance meets expectations.
- Work with other team members in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of data analysis techniques, including data mining, statistical methods, and graphical data representation.
- Skilled in the use of CAD packages (Inventor, Solid Edge, etc.)
- Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be teachable/trainable.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time and task management.
- Independent functioning, inquisitive, and flexible.
- Willing to learn new techniques and expand one’s knowledge.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with solid mechanics, nonlinear finite element analysis, and or material mechanics a plus.
- Experience with nonlinear finite element analysis a plus.
- Bachelor of Science (or greater) in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics.
- 0-5 years of work experience
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long-term disability insurance.
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Employee purchase pricing on automotive, power sport, and bicycle tires
- Collaborative learning environment
- Relaxed office culture
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).