Sales and Marketing Associate - Bicycle
Kenda Tire is a leading manufacturer of wheels and tires for ATV, bicycle, golf, industrial, light truck, mobility, motorcycle, passenger car, trailer, and utility applications. In addition to a comprehensive portfolio of Kenda brand retail products, we supply fleet volumes of wheels and tires to some of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world. Our Reynoldsburg, Ohio location is the site of Kenda USA, which manages all aspects of Kenda’s North American operations.
The Sales and Marketing Associate I position is often the first point of contact for Kenda customers. Professional demeanor, patience, and problem-solving skills are all critical in this position. The Sales and Marketing aspect of the position is crucial to the goal of letting Salespeople sell and Marketing people market by removing non-Sales/Marketing tasks from their responsibilities.
In this role, you will be the face and voice of the Kenda brand to our loyal and demanding customers. You will manage the ordering and shipment of our products from our B to C commerce site and work the front lines for warranty claims, fielding dealer and customer calls, and responding to consumer inquiries. If you’re self-motivated, detail-oriented, and looking to grow within the bicycle industry with a well-established global tire manufacturer, we are excited to talk with you.
- Retrieve orders from our B to C commerce site and enter into Kenda’s ERP system
- Process completed orders for shipment and provide tracking with an emphasis on accuracy
- Invoice all processed sales orders and follow up as needed, with customers to ensure the proper delivery of the products ordered and handle routine customer service inquiries such as product questions, warranty claims, shipping errors, exchanges, returns, etc. and/or direct questions to appropriate personnel as necessary
- Create shipping documents for all LTL orders to OEM, distribution, and B to C customers
- Continuous maintenance and enforcement of Kenda’s MAP policy
- Working with Sales Management, monitor production inventories and place orders with Purchasing as needed
- Direct sales leads to the appropriate personnel for follow up
- Working the front lines for warranty claims, fielding dealer and customer calls, processing and tracking claims
- Analyzing large volume data sets, creating summary reports, pricing lists, and sales analysis
- Assisting the Marketing and Sales Departments as needed, which may include travel to trade shows, events, and other special projects, etc
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- ERP (Sage, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, and/or similar) knowledge.
- Ability to process computer data, format, and generate reports.
- Self-motivated, organized, and effective time management skills.
- Experience with and comfort in working with strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, nonverbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and technical communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED. 2-year college graduate preferred.
- Bicycle technical knowledge with wheel and tire technical understanding.
- 1-2 years’ experience in customer service or sales support.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, but periodic inventory tasks will be required. Very limited exposure to physical risk
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is a non-exempt, full-time position. The standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 5:30 PM, 40 hours per week. Any hours worked in excess of 40 per week are subject to overtime wages and must be approved by the supervisor in advance
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long term disability insurances
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Casual Fridays
- Employee purchase pricing on auto, power sport, and bicycle tires
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)