Testing Technician – Entry Level
The Kenda American Technology Center (KATC) is looking for a self-starting, organized, detail-minded individual for an entry-level Technician position to be responsible for Shipping & Receiving, Tire & Wheel Inventory, and other test-related support duties. Tires and wheels frequently arrive at our facility and must be marked for identification and checked into our inventory system in a timely fashion. In addition, test tires and equipment must be prepared and packaged for shipment to test evaluators or test facilities, involving interaction with shipping vendors and their software (FedEx, UPS, etc.) in order to ensure on-time delivery as required while minimizing costs.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess strong communication and problem-solving skills. In addition, excellent time management skills are needed to balance multiple tasks and deadlines. A comfort level with tools and automotive work is a plus. Importantly, the position requires the ability to learn the skills needed for the primary duties of the position, as well as a willingness to provide support for any other testing-related activities that may arise.
- Communicating with engineers and technicians as needed to perform job duties.
- Keeping inventory system organized and up-to-date using an internal computer software application.
- Shipping and Receiving activities for the facility, both domestic and international.
- Using shipping vendor software for generating shipping labels and scheduling pickups.
- Assist other technicians as needed with tire mounting and balancing, tire/wheel installation on test vehicles, and other test-related tasks.
- High School diploma is required.
- Must be teachable/trainable.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Functional skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Time and task management. Benefits:
The salary range is $34,000 - $40,000, depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
- Included medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long-term disability insurance
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Employee purchase pricing on automotive, power sport, and bicycle tires
- Collaborative learning environment
- Relaxed office culture